Through the use of any of Wundr Software Inc.'s products and services, which includes but is not limited to:
- The use of Wundr's Website (www.wundrbooks.com) and any other Websites affiliated with Wundr;
- Wundr's self-publishing services, including the use of Playwrite and uPub;
- The use of WundrPub; and
- The use of any of Wundr's other products and services.
Regardless of the country in which You live, and provided that You are the age of majority in Your location, You are deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from those under the age of majority. We request that parents or guardians of those under the age of majority read through these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the user. Please note that these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. All changes will be posted here. In the case where You have an account with Us, We will contact You via Email should these policies change.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions and any or all Agreements: “You” and “Your” refers to You, the person accessing Wundr’s Website and/or products and services and accepting The Company’s Terms and Conditions. "The Company", “We”, "Us", “Our”, and “Wundr” refers to Wundr Software Inc. “Partners” refers to Wundr’s Partners which includes other eBook distributors and other third party partners. “eBook” refers to electronic books like “electronic novels”, “electronic textbooks”, “electronic periodicals” such as magazines and the like. “Content” refers to Wundr’s Website (Site) and any of Wundr’s products and services, including its software. “Contractors” refer to such entities as Google and others who provide services to Wundr in support of its products and services.
Types of information
We collect two types of information from Our users: personal information and tracking information. Let’s take a closer look at both of these.
- Collection of personal information. As is necessary for Our products and services, We may collect from You personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, Email addresses, credit card information, etc., when voluntarily submitted by You. This information is used to fulfill the requirements of the product or service You are engaging, like the requirement that Our system have a valid Email address for login purposes. You may also give Us permission to use Your personal information in another manner, like adding You to one of Our mailing lists or contests. Additionally, You consent to Our use of Your personal information to contact You about important service announcements. Specifically for the collection of personal information as it relates to Wundr accounts, We require a an Email address, along with the verification of this Email address. In addition, We will collect credit card information for sales where a credit card is required for payment. Credit card information is never stored on Our or Our Contractors’ secure servers unless You indicate, as a matter of convenience, that You authorize Us to store this information for future purchases. You’re free to delete this information at any time from Your account profile page.
- Cookie/tracking technology. Our Content may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. A cookie is a small data file that most major Websites write to Your hard drive for record keeping purposes when You visit them. In general, cookies allow Us to measure the activity of the product or service in question, particularly from Our Site, and to improve Your user experience: for example by remembering Your passwords and viewing preferences so You don’t have to keep logging in where login is required. As an extension of this, cookies allow for a customized experience beyond just persistent login: We can provide You with a personal greeting when You visit Our Site; We can remember Your display preferences or where You last left off in an eBook, and so forth. The important thing to note is that cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering what’s referred to as “non-personal” information such as browser, operating system, and device type; tracking Site visitors; understanding how visitors use Our Site, and so forth. This is different than personal information like Your Email address, name, postal address, and so forth. Information stored in cookies may be stored in log files, as it is with many other Websites. Information from these log files is used for trend analysis, Site administration, and to help Us improve upon Our products and services. Generally, personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be used by Third Parties and Contractors, such as Google, in the service of advertising and are outside the control of Wundr. It is important to note that Google, and other links to other sites that are contained on wundrbooks.com, including ones that may be co-branded by Us, or other affiliated sites that may or may not be owned or operated by Us may not follow the same privacy policies as Us. These sites may send their own cookies to You, and may collect data and make uses of it in a way that Wundr would not. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites, including such sites’ use of any information (such as IP number, browser type, or operating system) collected when visitors to the Website click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify You personally, We encourage You to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites. You may control how cookies are used by selecting the appropriate options in Your browser. In Safari it’s Preferences>Privacy; in Internet Explorer 9 it’s Internet Tools icon (top right)>Privacy>Advanced. Outside of these browsers, use the help section of Your browser to determine how to manage cookie permissions.
Distribution of information
This is how We may share Your personal information. For starters, We may share it with governmental agencies or other companies assisting Us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. Your personal information may be accessible to Our Contractors when Our systems are being used/maintained/serviced where said Contractors are under strict confidentiality agreements.
Please note that We will NOT sell Your personal information to any Third Party or Contractor, at any time now, or in the future. We may share such information only in those cases mentioned in the above paragraph. With Contractors, information will only be accessible where We have a direct relationship under confidentiality agreements and that such access is required in order for the Contractors to carry out their duties. This includes and is not limited to, Third Party marketers contracted on Our behalf to conduct marketing activities; systems administrators contracted to repair or maintain Our systems; and Our merchant account provider used to process payments and store purchase information. We may also share aggregated, non-personal information like site statistics such as number of visits per day with Our Contractors in order to analyse Site and software statistics.
How We safeguard Your information: Commitment to data security and confidentiality
We will safeguard Your account information using industry standard security protocols and technologies. In addition, only authorized employees, agents and Contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All such information is collected and stored in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5). In this way, Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Of note: All Emails and newsletters that We offer allow You to opt out of further mailings.
Please note that even with an array of precautions and backup systems in place, no system is 100% impenetrable. Therefore, We cannot guarantee the security of information on Our servers or that information will not be intercepted over the Internet.
Please also note that by using Our User Forums or other publicly available support system, You acknowledge that the information You post will be publicly available and You do so at Your own risk.
Privacy contact information
Copyright © 2019 ® Wundr Software Inc. All rights reserved.